
Ten days after Arwen was born I had some jerking and seizing in my left arm and hand. I still don't have any answers as to why it happened. It started out as a twitching and when I had to go to the ER on Jan. 2, 2011 it had turned into a full blown seizing of my entire left arm. I was given 2 doses of Adavan via IV. I was also given some Valium. That combination seemed to control the seizing for a short time. I had to have a CT scan and they also x-rayed my neck thinking that I may have strained it during labor.
My hand became unusable. It was very painful and swollen. I, with a close, friend came to the conclusion (after my blood tests showed low potassium and calcium levels) that I needed to take supplements. So we got a new prenatal vitamin and a couple different calcium supplements and a potassium supplement. I feel like it is linked to my breastfeeding Arwen and also the high stress levels I was having. I had to get a brace for my wrist and fingers. I had to have an MRI and after it was done the Neurologist said he thought he had seen a tumor in my left temporal lobe in my brain so he ordered an MRI with dye. I had to pump and dump my breast milk for 48 hours after the test. I never got a call after the MRI so by military protocol that means they didn't find the tumor or anything else they thought they saw. It was a scary experience, but I know that through my faith and in asking for a priesthood blessing along with the supplements I was healed. I am so thankful that I have regained full use of my left hand.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Health issues after giving birth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment